There is no denying the importance of geographic proximity when it comes to colocation, but other factors should also be considered in the decision-making process. One colocation datacenter is not like the next, especially when device, networking and infrastructure technologies become more complex. You need to know what, other than location, a facility has to offer for your primary and possibly secondary environments.
timehri networks colocation datacenter located in Downtown Miami in Terremark’s flagship facility. The NAP of the Americas is one of the most significant telecommunications projects in the world. The Tier-IV facility was the first purpose-built, carrier-neutral Network Access Point and is the only facility of its kind specifically designed to link Latin America with the rest of the world.
This facility addresses all of the other important issues that you should be considering when reviewing colocation facilities, including:
- Network monitoring, resiliency, capacity and speed
- Cooling, power and redundancy
- Building and colocation cabinet security protocols
- Environment scaling and space planning
- A la carte managed services
- The experts to manage the infrastructure and whatever else you need