What is a Managed Services Provider (MSP)?
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) offers management and support of IT network-based services, applications, and equipment to businesses, individuals and other service providers. As businesses become increasingly dependent on IT and require more complex systems to conduct their operations, the need for reliable MSPs that allow business owners to focus on their core functions has become critical.
The scope of service provided by an MSP usually varies according to their customers’ needs and may involve simple system upgrades up to full network management and support. The key element to this service offering is that it is preventive in nature.
timehri network will manage some or all of the following items for you:
- Computer hardware (network infrastructure, firewalls, switches, routers, printers, network copiers, servers, workstations, notebooks, netbooks, and tablets).
- Computer software (applications, databases and productivity tools).
- Data backup, including BDR (backup and disaster recovery), DRaaS (disaster recovery as a service) and managed storage.
- Security, including anti-malware, encryption, endpoint security, data leakage prevention, VPN, and more.
- Help desk services for individual users and PC issues.
- NOC (network operations center) services for network alerts and troubleshooting.
- Broadband connectivity, telepresence, video conferencing, unified communications and more.